summer break day camp
Our day camp offers a safe and fun environment for children during the summer.
CCA's Summer Break Program (CCA-SB) provides a safe and fun environment for children ages 3 - 13 during the summer.
Updated details coming soon for the upcoming Summer 2021 Camp!
As a result of the COVID-19 guidance and requirements provided by the Governor and the Department of Health, we have made the following changes:
*(The following guidelines are the same as last summer. We will revise as necessary based on guidance from the Delaware Department of Public Health and the Governor’s State of Emergency)
- We will only be able to accept full-time students into summer camp
- Class sizes may be limited to 15 or smaller depending on the physical room size
- We will not be allowed to have parents enter the facility, but we will be available outside and by phone
- PLEASE have your Identification ready when picking up your child. It will take some time to recognize everyone’s guardians and just in case we need to have a different person supervising pick up.
- Students and staff will be screened daily upon entry into camp utilizing contactless thermometers
- We are only utilizing the main entrance of the school in the back parking lot near the small playground as we have to provide a health screening for each child by a registered nurse
- PLEASE allow extra time to get to work as we will be working through the process of health screenings as quickly as possible, but cannot control the volume at any given time without restricting drop off times
- We will not be able to do field trips due to COVID-19, but those funds will be spent to enhance the engagement with on-site activities and individual classroom supplies as required by DPH guidelines
- We cannot offer food service, which means we will NOT be offering pizza orders this summer
- Students need to bring a cold lunch because microwaves will NOT be available
- At this point, children entering 1st grade and older will be required to wear masks indoors*.
- Masks will not be required outside as long as students can keep their social distance
- Traditional water fountains have been closed off, but the attached water bottle filling stations are available for use. Please send a water bottle with your child daily.
- Preschool through entering 2nd should provide an emergency change of clothes to be kept at camp in the event of an accident.
During the summer, we provide academic enrichment, art projects, and opportunities for writing. If your child has an art box full of supplies from this past school year, would you please bring it to summer camp? Each student will need their own supplies to avoid contamination.
Payments for summer camp are required at the beginning of each week. We will provide two ways to pay:
- We will accept cash and checks with envelopes that will be provided in advance. These can be dropped off outside with our nurse.
- We will provide a PayPal link on our website to make payments online (Instructions will be provided later this week in a separate email)
We are cleaning the facility daily and providing additional cleaning to high contact areas several times per day. We are also applying a 90-day residual Antimicrobial Biostatic Surface Protection to the whole facility. Please see the attached information for more details.
We look forward to providing a safe and fun summer experience for your children. Thank you in advance for your patience as we implement new protocols for this summer!
Program dates for the Summer of 2021:
Start date June 12th – August 25th, 2021
6:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m
In order to register your child for summer break, complete the following steps:
- Complete one paper application per child to provide individualized information on each child:
- Include payment with your application.
($80.00 for 1 child plus $40 for each additional child). Registration fees are non-refundable and will include 1 camp t-shirt per child.
Payments: Weekly payments are due on Monday each week your child will be attending. Please make checks payable to CCASB. There is a $35.00 fee for every returned check. After two returned checks, future payments must be made in cash or by money order.
Weekly Pricing: (with multiple student pricing!)
Prices Per Week:
- 1 child = $150.00
- 2 children = $250.00
- 3 children = $340.00
- 4 children = $390.00
Please note: there is a $5.00 fee for the first 5 minutes you are late picking up your child. After that, the fee will increase to $1.00 per minute. Please pick up your child by 5:30pm.
Payments must be kept up to date in order for your child to remain at Summer Break.
Failure to pay your balance when due, may result in the cancellation of your child’s registration. You will be responsible for the balance due should you not cancel at least two weeks in advance. Please refer to the section PARENT/GUARDIAN SIGNED RELEASES – Payment Release.
- 8:30 Outdoor free time
- 9:15 Snack
- 9:30 Devotions & Character Building
- 10:00 Academic enrichment
- 10:30 Structured outdoor activities
- 11:30 Lunch (times vary based on age)
- 12:30 Reading time, journaling
- 1:00 Free time with structured activities
- 2:30 Clean up routine
- 3:00 After care begins with outdoor or indoor activities
Our staff loves to engage with students to provide a fun mentoring environment.